Thursday, September 24, 2009

I stole the quote below from a blog of a friend's blog of a friend's blog. It seems so perfect. I want to go there...later. However, to be that still...makes me jumpy just thinking about it. Nervous. There is comfort in this jumble I know. I SO feel like Scarlet O'Hara. I want to rest in that place...LATER.

When despair for the world grows in me, and I wake in the night at the least sound in fear of what my life or what my children’s lives might be– I go a lie down by where the wood drake rests in the beauty of the water, and the great heron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought or grief. I come into the presence of still water. And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting for their light. For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

- (the great) Wendell Berry

No comments: